Thursday, October 1, 2009

And if this city were to go down in flames, would you think to blow it out?

It's a sad, sad week for music.
A few days ago indie rock band Chiodos announced on their Myspace that they have let their lead singer go.
Craig Owens was not just any lead singer/screamer of a no-name rock band. Anyone who has heard Chidos can identify with their unique sound that is created largely by his vocals. Though the band promises this separation was completely necessary (for reasons they refuse to share), and that they will be releasing new music that will not disappoint in the near future... i am hard-pressed to believe them.
I saw Chiodos for the first time almost 4 years back when they opened for Taking Back Sunday. I had never heard of them before and by the end of their set I was completely in love with their sound. Their last show together was part of the Vans Warped Tour set on August 23 in L.A. Luckily I was able to see them this summer at the Toronto show.
This is seriously one of the best bands I've seen live, it's a real shame that they had to separate.


this song is in my top 10 favourites of all time

No comments:

Post a Comment